Due to the recent increase in cases and the health department’s increased restrictions, we have put the following policies in place, effective immediately:
- All appointments must be set over the phone and will be scheduled as soon as the following business day. We will be asking the following questions before scheduling a visit:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: Sore Throat, Cough, Chills, body aches, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, or a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- May we take your temperature before your appointment?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, or other health care facility in the past 30 days.
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled by plane in the U.S. in the past 21 days?
- Have you been on vacation exposed to large crowds of people in the last 14 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a healthcare provider or emergency responder?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- If a client answers yes to any question the appointment will need to be discussed and approved or denied by management. All the above questions will be asked again before their appointment and their temperature will be taken.
- All persons who enter the shelter will be asked to sign-in on our Contact Tracing Sheet.
- Staff members, volunteers, and community service will be asked the same questions before their shift and will have their temperatures taken.
- ALL PERSONS ARE REQUIRED TO CORRECTLY WEAR A MASK COVERING THEIR NOSE, MOUTH, AND CHIN AT ALL TIMES.
- Staff members, volunteers, community service workers who go on a vacation that involve other groups of people or travel on a plane, etc need to quarantine for 10 days after exposure.
- We will only be allowing one cat volunteer per day in a 2-4 hour block for their shift. We will allow dog volunteers for outside activities only such as walking or doggie adventures. No new shadowing at this time.
- Community service workers will be allowed but limited to 2 males and 2 females at a time to complete job tasks.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the shelter.