Humane Society of Macomb
Our mission statement: To help those who cannot speak for themselves. To provide humane care for unwanted, abused and injured animals. To prevent cruelty to animals. To place adoptable pets into good, permanent homes with responsible owners. To make every effort to return stray animals turned into the shelter to their original owners. To promote spay and neutering, to prevent overpopulation through education.
The Humane Society of Macomb, our doors opened in May 1967 and since then we have worked to help those who cannot speak for themselves. We do this in a number of ways. We provide humane care for unwanted, abused and injured animals. We work to prevent cruelty to animals, and place adoptable pets into good, permanent homes with responsible owners and promote spaying and neutering to prevent overpopulation.
We are governed by a board of directors and are a private, non-profit 501c3, charitable and private organization supported by individuals like you.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations to the Humane Society of Macomb are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. To learn more about how to support the Humane Society of Macomb visit our donations page.
- 2017 IRS Form 990
- 2017 Audited Financials
- 2016 IRS Form 990
- 2016 Audited Financials
- 2015 IRS Form 990
- 2015 Audited Financials
- 2014 IRS Form 990
- 2014 Audited Financials
Board of Directors 2017-2018
- Ken Kempkens, President and Shelter Director
- Sharon Shipman, Vice President
- Beth Kempkens, Secretary, Independent Board Member
- Vickie Castiglione, Treasurer
- Mark Miner, Independent Board Member
- Shirley Burgess, Independent Board Member
- Art Garton, Independent Board Member
- Janet Lupek, Independent Board Member
- Karen Rau, Independent Board Member
- Ken Kempkens, Shelter Director
- Angel Vasquez, Shelter Operations Manager
- Kim Flood, Adoption Coordinator
- Autumn Saenz, Volunteer Coordinator
- Rachel Gentz, Trainer/Rescue Coordinator
The Humane Society of Macomb is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The Humane Society of Macomb is independent and not associated with the Michigan Humane Society or any other Animal Welfare Organization.
Contributions to HSOM are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Our tax identification number is 38-6120195