In case you missed it, The Humane Society of Macomb was featured in a news article on MLive on August 30, 2017 at 7 a.m.
HSM is teaming up with other shelters to foster and care for many animals being rescued from Hurricane Harvey who have lost their homes.
We are trying to help the animals in anyway we can. If you would like to help support these animals, please drop off any crates or food you have to the shelter to help these animals in need.
We are working with TLC Animal Sanctuary and Bottle Babies Rescue collecting things. The group we are working with has the following requests:
- Blue Dawn dish soap
- Flea shampoo
- Flea pills
- Kitty litter
- Cases of water
- Phone chargers
- Ziploc baggies
- Collars and leashes for stray animals (Used OK!)
- Toiletry items; toilet paper, paper towels, etc
- Pens and paper
- Canned goods (they prefer pull top so they don’t need openers)
- Boxed goods; Ramen noodles, mac and cheese, etc
- Feminine hygiene products
- Tools; sledge hammer, crow bars, ax, etc (For rescue missions – Used is fine!)
It is also costing over $900 in gasoline for the truck to go back and forth to Texas to help the animals from Hurricane Harvey. If it is easier you can also mail in a check (made payable to (Bottle Babies Rescue) and we’ll make sure they get your money. We have a cash donation jar in our lobby as well.
Thank you to everyone who has helped and we appreciate your support!