What We Do
What We Do
Care. Educate. Adopt.
The Humane Society of Macomb, our doors opened in May 1967 and since then we have worked to help those who cannot speak for themselves. We do this in a number of ways. We provide humane care for unwanted, abused and injured animals. We work to prevent cruelty to animals, and place adoptable pets into good, permanent homes with responsible owners and promote spaying and neutering to prevent overpopulation.
We are governed by a board of directors. We are a private, non-profit 501c3, charitable and private organization supported by individuals like you.
Who We Are
Our main purpose is help those who cannot speak for themselves.
To fulfil this purpose we:
- Provide humane care for unwanted, abused & injured animals
- Prevent cruelty to animals
- Place adoptable pets into good, permanent homes with responsible owners
- Promote spay & neutering, to prevent overpopulation through education
This year, the goals we have set are:
- Spay & neuter companion pets
- Treat all our animals as a part of the family
- Provide proper shelter, food, necessary medical care & appropriate training to our animals
- Place all adoptable pets in good homes
- Educate pet owners and the community about responsible pet care
Our Commitment To You
We make every effort to return stray pets to their owners, and when we cannot, to place them with new families that will take good care of them.
As we wrote earlier, there are some shocking prescription drugs for pets you didn’t know about.
The Humane Society of Macomb is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The Humane Society of Macomb is independent and not associated with the Michigan Humane Society or any other Animal Welfare Organization.
Contributions to HSOM are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Our tax identification number is 38-6120195