Humane Society of Macomb
The Humane Society of Macomb, our doors opened in May 1967 and since then we have worked to help those who cannot speak for themselves. We do this in a number of ways. We provide humane care for unwanted, abused and injured animals. We work to prevent cruelty to animals, and place adoptable pets into good, permanent homes with responsible owners and promote spaying and neutering to prevent overpopulation.
We are governed by a board of directors and are a private, non-profit 501c3, charitable and private organization supported by individuals like you.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations to the Humane Society of Macomb are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. To learn more about how to support the Humane Society of Macomb visit our donations page.
Board of Directors 2016-2017
- Ken Kempkens, President and Shelter Director
- Sharon Shipman, Vice President
- Beth Kempkens, Secretary, Independent Board Member
- Vickie Castiglione, Treasurer
- Mark Miner, Independent Board Member
- Shirley Burgess, Independent Board Member
- Art Garton, Independent Board Member
- Janet Lupek, Independent Board Member
- Ken Kempkens, Shelter Director
- Angel Vasquez, Shelter Operations Manager
- Kim Flood, Adoption Coordinator
- Janie LeDeu, Volunteer Coordinator
- Rachel Gentz, Trainer/Rescue Coordinator